No regrets,
just love.



introduction
Hi.
Click on the flower to navigate :)

sunshine after rain
Friday, 14 August 2009 @ 1:48 am
I'm inspired to post something here after yet another long unawaited absence. :)
Of course my muse is B.S. (no it's not the prolific term). Which explains the "english"? :s

NOT the emoticons of course.

Anyway, Singapore vs Australia.
bwahaha I feel the need to compare them now since someone put the question to me not too long ago "are you going back to SG?" (as in to stay/live)
Personally I wouldn't mind going back to work in ChannelNewsAsia as one of their whatchamacallit anchor women?? Like interviewers/reporters but don't have to go out of the "office" :p
I always admire those news anchor jobs - perhaps there is just as much appeal to SBS Australia World News. :p I could never replace the short stylish haired Asian lady though. (*short not as in height, as in length of hair haha)

SO. From my most recent trip back to Singapore, I find myself reconsidering if I will ever choose to go back and live there for an indeterminate or even prolonged period of time. Maybe 2 years ago when I last went back, I remember thinking that I don't want to live there. I think what the reason was, was maybe the hype or the fast paced lifestyle - "go-go-go"! I do remember talking to my mum about one of the more irksome things that got under my skin though - discrimination. It was pretty darn obvious to me that trip back - nothing officially happened, there was no big event or situation - but I realised I was pretty blind before? Sheltered maybe. It was just seeing foreign construction workers/labourers sitting on the back of a lorry that kind of triggered that thinking I guess. A normal everyday occurrence in the life of a Singaporean.
But yeh, I started thinking why would they fine people in cars who don't put on a seatbelt when these workers are transported everywhere without a seatbelt to use. The above might not make sense :p

This trip back though, I kind of found a "balance". Or maybe I accepted the above - I hope not, but to hope for something like that would be idealistic too. Anyway, I realised that ultimately everyone is in the same ark (boat is so common!). The people I saw walking around, especially the ones working - whether at a construction site or hawker stall, they all seemed to be contented. Contented in the sense that they accept? Well maybe they don't, I'll never know - but still there is a kind of peace I think I saw in them. Singaporeans of course are most proficient in complaining - but really, if we wanted to change our life we would have gone ahead no matter the circumstance. Unless we were too "kiasu" perhaps.

Well each person has a purpose - job, career, family etc. So I guess even if it wasn't their "dream", they know in their minds what they have to do - and so doing it makes them at peace with themselves? :s Yes I might be getting to no point.

So what I'm trying to say is, Singapore is starting to look a bit sunnier to me :)

Do you know how great it is to people-watch?
:p